- Sahdeva was the fifth of the Pandav princes, begotten on Maadri, the second wife of Pandu, by the Ashvinikumars.
- Sahdeva was the twin brother of Nakula. When Pandu died, Maadri handed over her children to Kunti and from then on the twins had con sidered Kunti as their mother.
- Along with his other brothers, Sahdeva learnt the art of war from Dron.
- Sahdeva had a son named Shrutsen by his wife Draupadi.
- He was also married to Vijaya, daughter of king Dyutiman and had by her a son named Suhotra.
- The extremely handsome Sahdeva was well-acquainted in the management of cattle.
- Hence, during the thirteenth year of their exile, when the Pandavs took up employment in the palace of king Virat, Sahdeva assumed the name of Arishtnemi and supervised Virat's cattle.
- After the Mahabharat war, when Kunti had retired to the forest, he and Yudhishthir went to visit her.