- Nand was the leader of “Gopa” (herdsmen) living near Mathura or Madhupuri and in Gokul and Nand Gaon.
- His wife, Yashoda, raised Krishna.
- Krishna spent his childhood in his home.
- Nand was twice caught while bathing in Yamuna, once by Varuna’s men and another time by a python. Krishna saved him both the times.
- Sati was born as his daughter as Mahamaya who slipped from Kansa’s hand when he was throwing her.
- Nand celebrated a festival for Indra. Krishna stopped this festival and started 'Annakut' festival in the Kartik month.