- While wandering throughout Mathura, Krishna and Balram met Kubja, a maidservant of Kansa, at this place.
- With great love Kubja offered angaraga, an application of ointments, to the limbs of Krishna and Balram.
- Just by touching her waist and chin with His hands, Shri Krishna transformed her into a teenage girl beautiful as a heavenly damsel.
- Looking at Him with shy, lust-filled eyes, Kubja tried to take Him to her home.
- Shri Krishna promised to visit her upon completing His work and then He left.
- After killing Kansa, Krishna went to Kubja's house with Uddhav and stayed there for some time, thus fulfilling her heart's desire.