- Urvashi is an Apsara (nymph) in Hindu mythology. She was a celestial maiden in Indra's court and was considered the most beautiful of all the Apsaras.
- She was created by the Rishi Narayan.
- Once the sage Vibhandak saw Urvashi and his seeds fell into the river, which was swallowed by a doe. The son born to the doe was named Rishyashring
- The sages Agastya and Vasishth were also the sons of the Adityas Mitra and Varn by Urvashi.
- Urvashi was married to king Pururava and bore him six sons, viz. Ayu, Dhiman, Amavasu, Dridhayu, Vanayu and Shatayu.
- When the Pandav prince Arjun visited Svarg, she was sent by the Gandharv Chitrasen to charm him so that his stay in Svarg could be prolonged. But Arjun rejected her advances and she cursed him to become an eunuch.