The Bhagavadgita -S. Radhakrishnan
11. The Way of Devotion: Bhakti-margaa
Bhakti leads to jnana or wisdom. For R.mãnuja, it is smrtisantana. Even prapatti is a form of jnana. When the devotion glows, the Lord dwelling in the soul imparts to the devotee by His grace the light of wisdom. The devotee feels united intimately with the Supreme, who is experienced as the being in whom all antitheses vanish. He sees God in himself and himself in God. Prahlãda says that the supreme end for man is absolute devotion to God and a feeling of His presence everywhere.
References and Context
- VII, 21. Madhva comments "antobrahmadi bhaktanam madbhaktanam anantata.
- Cp. rujasu nathah paramam hi bhesajam tamah pradipo visamesu samkramahbhayesu raksa vyasanesu bandhavo bhavaty agadhe visayambhasi plavala
- dravibhavapurvika hi manaso bhagavadakarata` savikaipaka urttirupa bhaktih.
- The Vrsnis . . . lost themselves in thought about Krsna and completely forgot their own separate existence " Bhaktiratnavah. 16.
- ehantabhaktir govinda Vat sarvatra tad iksanasm. Bliagavata VII, 7, 35.